Wednesday, December 17, 2014

HI DEAR ONES

We got an Aussie yesterday and she reminds me of Nan and I love it.


Also BEST NEWS EVER:

I GET TO CALL HOME ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!  что что!!  It'll be sometime between 3:15 and 5:15 and it'll only be for half an hour but I am so so so excited to chat with you.  If I get more details I'll let you know, but mostly expect tears and laughs and lots of nerdy jokes and не ловка stories because my dorkiness has only been magnified here. #goodbyestreetcred

Alright so this email I'm going to focus more on photos because y'all are wonderful and sent me a USB cord (thank you so so so much).  I'll try to explain those as I go along and if I don't get into a more detailed email I'm sorry.  Just know that I love you and am praying for you and am trying to work hard.  Every day I feel a bit more confident in my calling here and in the Lord's hands and also understand better HOW MUCH I HAVE TO WORK ON.  But life is a good wave and like T told me in her letter this week, happy people change the world in the realest ways.  if nothing else, I can be that.  So.  давайте! (basically mine and my comp's battle cry...between that and жизнь хороша сегодня we're set.) 

PHOTOS:

- first district photo (and it was a selfie...how appropriate)


- post-fast Sunday madness


- ONLY THE CUTEST PICTURE YOU'LL EVER SEE.  don't even worry.


k I can only attach so many at a time, one sec

-  zone

 -  our cinnamon roll handshake after we all got super inspired after the Ukraine video



-   C. Larsen and I being babes


-  something I already can't remember,



- selfie with Sister Jackson (the teacher that reminds me of T and that I think Tay would really like WHO I may not see if I do end up going to Spain...SAD FACE), 


-  an accurate description of my entire life.  heh heh



basically life is good.  sometimes I forget how blessed I am to be here and to be so 100% involved in something so good and then remember how much else is happening in the world and it's humbling (for real I made a note to self to ask if ebola is still a thing because I have no idea).  Last night after devo Branch President Heaps told us about the decline of the ruble and how Russia is basically in a depression and I prayed that you guys are being taken care of.  It can be scary to think about how much the world sucks, but I know the Lord is aware of each of us and even more than that, He loves us.  I know that as we seek Him He won't leave us hanging.  Church is true, the grace is real and I am grateful.  

Love you all heaps!  Hope you have a good week and that my letters are getting to you and that Christmas prep is coming along.  Love and prayers and cheesiness always.  

жизнь хороша сегодня!

Sister Hansen

Note:  This was an extra of a personal note she sent as well.  It made me smile.  - Leah

Note:  This was from another letter that she sent.  Made me smile.  :)


Sorry for all the scattered notes and photos and everything.  Still trying to get a handle on this whole thing.  But even though it's stressful and I get hangry (my comp and I have fasted twice not including fast sunday...DANG HER AND HER RIGHTEOUSNESS) and am sooo aware of how much I need to work on it is really the best thing to get to be here.  I know it'll change my life forever and I hope it does good things for yous too.

Aaand I forgot 3 more photos, and they're her first pictures, too, sorry! - Leah

- name tag


-  first MTC photo with the comp


-  assorted members of the zone last  Sunday






No comments:

Post a Comment