Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Life is good...real good

May I just say that email day is the most stressful thing of my life?  SERIOZNA SAYCHAS. (seriously right now) (this looks cooler written in Russian please pardon my sins)


Okay I have ten minutes to sum up a super insightful week.  UHHH

- the comp and I studied Jacob 5 in the context of missionary work and especially in the context of Russia and I just wanted to bawl my eyes out.  The Spirit was AMAZING.


- I. love. rain.


- I'm super grateful for the Christmas traditions we have, especially the ones of giving.  I was thinking of yous last night and I was glad that that's the most prominent Christmas tradition we have.  I love yous and am so grateful for all you continue to teach me.


- my comp fell out of the top bunk Saturday night while she was apologizing to me for being so hard to handle (note: she is not hard to handle soo) (If Jess from New Girl and Leslie Knope had a child it would be Sister Larsen.  SHE'S THE BEST.  hahaha) and hurt herself.  It was half hilarious (I die every time we talk about it) and half sad because we've been in and out of the doctors all week but life's a good wave.  Plus I got to hear some JB Christmas music AND This Christmas by Chris Brown so it was basically the best ever.  We're kind of the most awkward and adorable and clumsy and hilarious and goodhearted companionship here.  Also humble.  And hot. #vector #ohhhyeahhh


- my comp and another girl in my district got travel plans for Spain and Sister Martin (the other girl going to KZ) and I didn't so as of now I'm not going.  However, we've heard about people leaving to Spain way short notice and I'm buying an airport phone card today so if you get a call on Monday morning from the airport and if I leave some stuff to be picked up that's why.  Also, Where Shepherds Lately Knelt is super beautiful and I had a special experience with that this week.  We'll talk more about it TOMORROW!


- everyone has been so sweet with the letters and packages!  Especially Aunty Verna and the Johnsons.  Please please tell them how much I appreciated that.  Also, THE COOKIES.  Thanks Taylor.  Thanks ALL of you.  My friends are eating all the chocolate ones but no one else likes the gingersnaps and I ain't even mad.  My waistline might be but that's okay.

The biggest thing I've learned this week is that this work is seriously all about love.  I just hope so sincerely to be so wrapped up in my love for the Savior and especially His perfect love for me that I can share that love with others.  I may not have any baptisms or "significant influence" on anyone here OR there, but if I can love them the way the Savior would and seek to serve others I think I'll be in a good spot.  so so so grateful for this special season.  I hope I can share this kind of love and hope all the time.

you're the best. I love you and appreciate your influence every day and pray for you always.  Я знаю что Бог любит вас и Иисус Христос жив.  С Рождеством!!

 Я люблю вас ОЧЕНЬ СИЛА.  talk to you TOMORROW!!!  3:15 to 3:45.  I'll just call the home phone probs.  Be prepared. 

Love love love,
sister Hansen

-  the (v unphotogenic) MTC teacher I'm going to marry



-  best doughnuts ever

-  our true faces

-  Elder Maylett aka the homie, 


-  part of our zone, 

-  sleeping on the floor the night C. Larsen fell out (heh heh)
RUSSIAN NAME TAG (so sick), 



-  comp Christmas photo, 
-  brekkie this morning

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU (buddy the elf voice)


but seriously I love you.  talk to you tomorrow :)






No comments:

Post a Comment