Monday, March 16, 2015

hi again from russia heh heh

(***Note from Leah, Sis. Hansen's Mum):  out of respect for the Russian people, their privacy and security, all blog posts will not disclose any information (names or photos) of Russian investigators or Russian companions. Thank you.  -lh

From March 09, 2015's email:

so fun fact: this week I was in three different countries.   pretty rad (this past week i've been to Bishkek, KG [Kyrgyzstan], KZ [Kazakhstan], Red Square in Moscow) because my KZ visa might have to be started over but seriously it's all good.  I am soo happy.).   i am genuinely so so so happy right now.  and we travel so much here anyway that it's not even a big deal to me.  but basically i was in KZ and found out monday that something was entered wrong on my visa and that i might have to leave the country (bc it'd be illegal to be there more than 5 days) and then tuesday at 4 i found out we were leaving for the airport at 5 bc my time was up and the senior couple was going to bishkek so my comp and i went too.  we stayed the night, came back to KZ the next night, i flew to Moscow the next morning with some other KZ missionaries who never got their second passports in Moscow and then got to Novo early Friday morning and I've been here ever since.  But I love it.  I know this is an opportunity from the Lord to develop things I wouldn't get to develop in KZ due to how missionary work works there and life is great.    

Right now I'm serving aaaand I'm serving with another native Russian (and my companion is SO WONDERFUL) in Akademgorodok and it's pretty much the envy of all the missionaries in Novo.  It's kind of like the Park City of Russia.  The people here are really nice, the town is small and beautiful, our apartment is GREAT and we're opening the area.  This means lots of contacting and such.  But we have seen miracles and life is seriously beautiful.  We're working so hard and we love each other and I just feel so immensely blessed.



outside our church building 

Cool thing: yesterday we had planned to do weekly planning but felt like we should contact instead, and out of "chance" we met "N".  She's theeee cutest babushka and invited us over.  We just chatted but then shared a message with her and we were all crying.  She then told us how just the day before she had been praying to a statue of Jesus Christ in a Russian temple for help and how because of this and this and this (actual reasons but no time right now heh heh), she knew we were the "help" she had asked Him to send her.  She also said she felt like she should invite us over, even though she never invites people--and especially not random girls talking to her on the street--to her home.  We taught her how to pray and testifed about the plan of salvation and Book of Mormon and we now have an investigator!  It was seriously a miracle.  

my skin has actually been the worst lately but me and my comp made plov yesterday and i felt like a russian.  :)


also, 8th of March is really big here because it's a holiday for women [International Women's Day].  Kind of like mother's day.  So for the third hour we had a party and it was definitely a blessing because my comp loves to eat heathily and I've missed cake.  hahaha


with my favorite book evaaa (which just happens to be the fav book of my comp's dad)

Also, it is just amazing to me how when we seek the Lord and to love like He did and to act like He did and to be consecrated before Him, He CAN do His work through us, even through our weaknesses.  I know He doesn't ask perfection of us--just that we do what we can with the gifts He gave us and trust Him.  And I know that's enough for any of us in any area of life.  I am so grateful to Him.  He is so good.  LIfe is beautiful, the work is great and hard and beautiful and I am just happy.  Thank you for all everything.  I love you more than I can say!  



Drinking something "new" in Kazakhstan.  Photos courtesty Sis. "W"

2  Cor 12:9-10:

" And he said unto me, My agrace is sufficient for thee: for my bstrength is made perfect in cweakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may drest upon me.
 10 Therefore I take pleasure in ainfirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in bpersecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am cweak, then am I dstrong." 

I know this is true.

Love you!  Pray for you always! 
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment