Thursday, January 1, 2015

thangmashangs from the hood

HI LOVELY PEOPLE.


this week was pretty neato.  It's really crazy to me how fast time is starting to move.  I've already been here for a month.  In 17 months I'll be HOME.  And while that's really long, I also feel like time is flying on wings of lightning and it's очень страна.  Life is good though.

(Photo courtesy of my comp's old comp)

OKAY I STILL STRESS OUT TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING INTO THIS AHH
Things: 

- THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGES.  Oh my gosh.  The steak was the best thing ever.  Elder Maylett said to tell dad that he loves him and that he's doing barbecues at our house when we're all home.  Also the chips and salsa made my day and also everyone wished me happy birthday when they saw my bag so that was nice.  Thank you all for taking such good care of me.  I love yous so much.

- I have a new comp!  Sister Martin.  She's the other one going to Kazakhstan and she's the best.  I love her so much.  Except we're like an old married couple because we're both super sarcastic and real and we were also the ones in our last companionships that held the door so now we just race each other to the door and bicker over whose turn it is.  She's seriously so wonderful though.  I love her heaps.  We're learning so much together.  We both feel like we have so far to go in the language and as missionaries and as people but we're doing it together and I love that so much.

- please tell Natalie happy birthday!  And Jessica too!

Natalie

Jessica

(Photos courtesy of Facebook, thanks, Ladies!) 

- Please tell Kaytlyn Phillips I said hello!  Been thinking about her a lot lately.




came on Sunday night and it was seriously the coolest.  We got to sing him HBD bc it was his birthday and he is just the cutest human.  Best ever.  I really miss music and am SO STOKED for that to be a thing again in 2 years.

- A BOY CALLED ME CUTE.  It was so нельзя (not allowed.  PS a boy on crutches was standing in front of me the other day and I shouted that bc I was joking with C. Larsen and we say that always and he thought I was yelling at him and apologized and moved and I felt so bad.  But now we're mad homies so it's all good.  

Being a missionary is hard sometimes but it really is the best.  I'm so lucky and blessed to get to be here.  I feel so weak and insignificant and just sucky sometimes and it's hard.  But Ether 12:27:

"27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them."

is my jam lately.  It's so beautiful to realize that if I'm better understanding my weaknesses, it's because I'm drawing closer to my Savior, and it's even better to realize that because of Him, I don't have to be weak forever.  There IS hope, I CAN be better and THERE IS A WAY to be happy on that journey.  Come what may and love it, you feel me?

Anyway.  I love yous heaps and think about and pray for you every day.  I hope you're all doing well and have a happy happy celebration tonight.  I'll think about you as I crawl into bed super early.
ONE MONTH DOWN!

все будет хорошо! (it'll alllll be good)
All my love,
Sister Hansen

P.S.  Soz I don't have time for photos today but here are some from my comp's old comp.  Love yous!











No comments:

Post a Comment