Sunday, January 11, 2015

что значит брить? (English: What it means to shave?)

(heh heh heh.  I thought that was clever. #teamleggingsandboots4eva)

THIS WEEK WAS A WEEK OF MIRACLES.  Seriously.  It was one of the rougher weeks I've had here at the MTC (not in the bad way.  In the good way.  Just...it challenged me a lot ya feel) and it was also the best week I've had so far.  I don't even know where to start and my email time ends at 12:35 and LIFE IS HARD SOMETIMES OKAY.

Things:

- this week had so many goodbyes and it was actually the worst.  We lost two of our teachers, Sister Jackson (who's working in a different part of the MTC now) and Brother McKay (who's going to Jerusalem because he's a stud and we seriously love him), and they were ochen sad face goodbyes. We taught our last lessons with them and they were good and then they read us their last journal entries and bore their testimonies and oh man.  It was rough.  But inspiring.  And I'm super grateful for them.  Alsooo Elder Maylett left for Ukraine Monday night and I actually cried saying goodbye to him (in my defense I was way tired and I was actually really homesick that day...first time it's really hit me in the MTC and it was on a way way good but way exhausting day), aaand the rest of that original district leaves us Sunday and it'll be sad.  But life is good.  

- last Wednesday it was 12 degrees colder here than it was in Novo :') 

- FIRST EMBARRASSING LANGUAGE SLIPUPS: We were teaching Артём (aka Brother Smith aka "our first investigator" aka the teacher I said I would marry (jokes jokes obvs) aka the only of our original 3 teachers we still have aka a way cool teacher that I love that also served in Novo yeeehaw)   this week and had a way good lesson...and then in the prayer I accidentally thanked Heavenly Father for её (her) spirit and desire instead of его (His)...hashtag failure.  And then the next day we taught Кирилл the restoration and he asked my comp if Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon and I caught on too late and she was like "da, da" and then we got into something else so basically we're corrupting people and it's the best.  Buuut things are getting so much better with the language and with my ability to listen to the Spirit and my understanding of the doctrine and life is a good thangmashang lately.

- the other day I was super frustrated because I felt so much love for my investigator and I wanted so badly to bring a spirit that would just change their lives and it didn't happen like that.  I asked Brat Baum (one of our new teachers.  Seriously rocks my world.) about it and he directed me to Jacob 4:18 

" 18 Behold, my beloved brethren, I will unfold this mystery unto you; if I do not, by any means, get shaken from my firmness in the Spirit, and stumble because of my over anxiety for you."

and I kind of feel changed forever.  I've been learning a lot about what it means to have faith and about how sometimes, all we can--and should--do is prepare, thank the Lord for what we have (EVEN if it seems small...like my Russian) and smile bc we trust that He will allow it to be enough.  Like the fish/bread and the multitudes.  BUT faith is also expressed as we are still.  Sometimes we just have to be still and continue to give our all even when we're not sure we're actually enough.  And even though that's hard and humbling, it is so happy.  Missionary work is SO HAPPY.

- my comp and I have started getting up between 5:30 and 6 and exercising and it's the best.  Running still sucks but I feel sooo much better.

- 4 new girls moved into our room last week and I was bothered at first because we didn't know they were coming and even though they're really sweet and so good, they're noisy and don't really understand the concept of quiet time or lights out or cleanliness, AND they aren't even going to our mission...I am a bum.  sozzz.  BUT.  I also don't believe in coincidence and am really grateful we've met them.  They're lovely and so sincere and I'm learning a lot.  Also they're hilarious and I'm happy.

I'm seriously out of time but I am learning SO MUCH and even though I'm a bum I'm slowly getting where I'm supposed to be.  I know I know I know.  and I am so so so thankful for all your love and support and everything.  I've been thinking about you a lot lately and it's made me a little bit sad.  Most homesick I've been probably.  But the work is a glorious privilege and getting down and doing it is the best way to fix things, I've found.  And I am happy.  Hurrah for Israel.

Sorry I can't respond to individual emails and that the email I did write was probs just rambly and pointless, but know that I love you with my whole heart and pray for you all the time.  I hope your individual needs are met and that y'all are the happiest even though you have early morning soccer...suckers.  hahaha

I love you!  Have a good week!
Sister Hansen


-  #sadllama

- Zone


 



No comments:

Post a Comment