Wednesday, January 14, 2015

right right ew ew

HIIII FAMILY.


First, thanks for all the crazy ridiculous love you showed me this week.  Even though my comp was очень (very much) exasperated that we went to the package office so many times I was grateful and it was really sweet of you.  I promise last week really wasn't THAT bad hahaha but I was really thankful for all the love.  Miss yous but know you're being taken care of and that all the thangs are good.  LIFE IS GOOD TODAY.

I feel kind of lame because this week was kind of uneventful (except for the fact that my bffs that I've known since day 1 of the MTC all left and I was очень (very much) sad face and my favorite member of the Branch Presidency that I seriously love SO MUCH got released and I JUST WANTED TO BE A BUM OKAY) and my USB drive thing isn't working on this computer so no photos and I think I just crossed the line from feeling lame to being lame.  Bummer.  I mean...it's not actually uneventful because every day has so much in it and I have to live every minute of it but I don't know what to tell y'all ya feel me.  However, there were a couple things that stuck out, aaand they were as follows:

- on Monday one of our new roommates left for the field (those English speakers.  hashtag still have a month here hashtag not bitter) and thought her time to report to the travel office was 5am but it was actually 3:35am so someone knocked on our door at 4 and told us she had to report сейчас (at the moment).  Sister Martin (who is honestly one of the most willing examples of service I've ever met) hopped out of bed and I went with her...partly bc she inspired me and partly bc I literally had to go.  We weren't wearing shoes or nametags or glasses and I looked hideous and it was 4am and it was rainy and a man literally laughed at us but it was a really happy way to start my day actually.  The love is real ya feel me.

- yesterday Elder Nelson of the 12

(Photo of Elder Russell M. Nelson courtesy of www.lds.org)

came again and it was a super super good devotional.  There was a lot that was said that related to me personally right now but probably the thing that stuck out the most was this phrase: "as you serve, please be happy.  Please smile.  If you look grumpy, who wants to look like you?" hahahah preaaaach good sir.  I needed to remember that.  But he also shared a scripture that was really good for me to read.  D&C 136:32:  

"32 Let him that is aignorant blearn cwisdom by dhumbling himself and calling upon the Lord his God, that his eeyes may be opened that he may see, and his ears opened that he may hear;" 

If we ever feel like we don't know enough (which I literally feel every. day. (nacho voice)) it's okay because we don't have to acknowledge it and die in our suckiness.  We can DO something about it.  We can humble ourselves and go to the Savior and because of Him, we can do it.  oorah! (this also looks cooler in Russian) (and sounds better in Brat Smith's voice) (whatever)

- my Russian IS GETTING BETTER!!!  Miracles are real!!

- baby missionaries are coming to our zone today!  plus we're the official oldies!  happy!

- I told a teacher that I'm a happy person and he said "I know" and it also made me happy so.

- favorite thing: Nephi rocks my world.  Between 1 Nephi 3:7:

" And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: awill goand do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for knowthat the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men,save he shall cprepare a way for them that they may accomplishthe thing which he commandeth them."

 and 1 Nephi 17:50-51:

"50 And said unto them: aIf God had commanded me to do allthings could do them. If he should command me that shouldsay unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if Ishould say it, it would be done.
 51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought somany miracles among the children of men, how is it that hecannot ainstruct me, that should build ship?"
I'm inspired.  I have so little to give and so far to go but because the Lord asked it of me, I KNOW it can be done.  So I'll go and do it.  I'll pull a Nephi and put my rocks together and make a fire.  And then together we'll make tools and this boat and all the things.  IT CAN BE DONE!!  It's not impossible.  It's necessary.  So let's do this.

Alright alright I totes have to go but I love you all lots and am praying for you in all the things.  I hope everything is going well.  It's all good here.  God bless America.

Luv ya! (ew) (I cringed at myself) (sorry) (kinda)
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment